11 Windows Tips
The following quick tips work on Windows 7, Windows 8x and Windows 10
- Change computer time: Right mouse click on the clock in your system tray (lower far right) or right click in system tray and choose “adjust date and time”. On Windows 10 double-click the clock, then click “Date and time settings” at the bottom of the calendar
- To save a picture/image from a web page, right mouse click and choose “Save Picture As”. You can rename it at this time too.
- To see how much hard drive/hard disk space you have left, do this: Double click My Computer. right mouse click on your C drive (or any hard drive) and chose properties. On Windows 8x & Windows 10, My Computer (Computer) is called “This PC”.
- Most common image formats are JPG, GIF, BMP and PNG. Most common image format exported from a digital camera is JPG.
- If you accidently delete a file, click Control key + Z to bring it back instantly. You can also look in your recycle bin if you don’t realize it until later, then just right click on the file and choose “restore” and it will go back to where it came from.
- If you hold the shift key down when deleting a file, it bypasses the recycle bin. Control Z will still bring it back.
- Windows Key + U opens Ease of Access Center
- Press Windows Key+R and type Winver and press Enter to see the version of Windows you’re using.
- You can quickly maximize a window by double clicking the title bar of the window… this is the long strip at the top of your window with the name of the program in it. Double click again to bring it back to the size it was prior to maximizing. Note: This not work on all apps.
- Use your browser as a file explorer. With Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Edge open and on top of all other windows, press Ctrl + O and browser the files on your computer, just like you do pages on the Web.
- You can minimize all open windows simply by pressing Windows Key+M.