How to Control Your Notification Icons In Windows 10
Windows 10 is getting very popular – not only because it is free to Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 users (until July 2016) – but because it’s a great operating system. It’s like a modern day Windows XP. Well, maybe not that good, but certainly one of the best Windows ever.
One thing that makes Windows 10 unique is its customization features – for instance Notification icons.. Those are the icons that appear in the area on the right-hand side of your taskbar (assuming your taskbar is at the bottom) next to the clock.
It’s easy to control what shows and doesn’t show up in the Notification portion of the taskbar – and we’re going show you just how easy it is.
- Right-click on any empty area of your taskbar and select “Properties”
- Click on Customize (see image below):
- The Settings dialog will open to “System” “Notifications & actions” (see below):
- Click on “Select which icons appear in on the taskbar…” (this will be in the notification area to the left of the clock).
- If you want something to always show in the portion of the taskbar to the very left of the clock slide the on/off switch to On.
- See below I switched “Faststone Capture” to On – so now it shows in my the area of my Taskbar near the clock – or what we generally call the Notification area.
- And below you can see Faststone Capture now appears in the Notification area of the Taskbar:
And while we on the subject, don’t forget the little up arrow (circled in white above). This displays the other hidden icons in the Notification area.
Now you know how to make icons show and how to hide icons in the Notification area of the taskbar.
Now go forth and keep customize your taskbar icons to suit you – not the suits at Microsoft.