Add a Devices and Printers Shortcut to Your Windows 10 Desktop
If you want a quick way to open Devices & Printers in Settings, this is how to do it.
1. Right-click on an empty space on your desktop, and click on “New” then “Shortcut”.
2. Copy and paste the line below into the box under the line that says “Type the location of the item” then click “Next”.
3. Give your shortcut a name… I chose “Devices and Printers” but you can call it whatever you like. Then click “Finish”.
4. Your new shortcut is on your desktop! Now let’s change the icon.
Right-click on your shortcut, choose “Properties” then choose “Change icon”.
5. Copy and paste the line below into the target line
Pick out a nice icon like I did (above). It kind of looks like a printer to me. How about you?
5. Click Apply/OK.
Now you have Devices & Printer shortcut on your desktop. No more fumbling around in “Settings” looking for your printer or other devices.
But wait, there’s more! You can right-click your new shortcut and “Pin to taskbar” or “Pin to Start” or both.