An Extensive List of Antivirus and Security Software Removal Tools
Most legitimate anti-virus vendors provide clean-up utilities, better known as removal tools, on their websites. These tools all you to remove the antivirus programs and all the remnants usually left behind after uninstalling.
We have learned over the years, it’s best not to use Apps & features or Control Panel > Programs >”Uninstall a program” to remove security and/or antivirus software. Using either of those methods almost always results in a messy uninstallation. And then, the computer is left littered with remnants and even some running processes and services. So, we strongly recommend using a vendor-provided “uninstall tool” or “removal tool” – or another specialized uninstaller – to completely remove antivirus and/or security software from your computer.
Here’s an extensive list of Antivirus/Security program uninstallers & removal tools.
- A List of Antivirus removal tools
- Antivirus Removal Tool
- Comprehensive List of 26 Uninstallers and Removal Tools for Internet Security and Antivirus Software
- ESET: List of Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software
- Bitdefender: Removal tools (uninstall tools) for common antivirus software
- SingularLabs: Uninstallers – Security Software
- Microsoft Wiki: List of anti-malware product removal tools by Stephen Boots, MVP
We hope this list helps you should you need to remove your current antivirus or security software.