A Classic Six-pack of Windows Tips
These tips work on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (all versions). Sometimes we forget the tips we don’t use. These are classic Windows tip that we find to be very useful – we hope you do too!
- You can open an extended context menu by pressing and holding down SHIFT Key while you right-click any file or folder.
- Press Ctrl+Shift while you right-click on the Taskbar and you’ll see the option “Exit Explorer”
- Quickly create a shortcut by holding down the Ctrl+Shift keys and dragging and dropping the file or folder to the desired destination.
- In Notepad Press the F5 key to instantly add the date and time to any Notepad file.
- Hold down the Alt key & click on file or folder to open its Properties box.
- Hold down the Shift key while you drag a file or folder to the Recycle Bin to delete it instantly.